Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Shem Watson from Monroe, WA
I am 42 years old and have ridden bikes since 16.
I own a 97 Harley Road King and a 1978 Honda CB400ti Hawk
I love to work on my own bikes and I appreciate the feedback from forums like this.
I am going to be seeking help on modifying my CB into a cafe racer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome, Shem. Keep us up-to-date on your Cafe Racer project. I've been semi-seriously looking for a candidate for the same sort of conversion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks oldenslow! Since im 42 Ive been wanting a bike as old as I am to bring back to life. I also am interested in keeping a simplistic approach which is why the kickstart only appeals to me a lot! I was hoping to learn about the electronics as I was curious to make it even more simple by eliminating the battery but im learning it may still be necessary for better spark and keeping lights constant voltage?
In the end I hope to have a tasteful café racer style. Someone mentioned previously that I should keep it stock but the parts like the fenders and instrument cluster, seat are just ugly. I love the tank though! I was also curious if anyone knows just how rare this bike is? I got it for $500 but he lowered the price by half. I am having to go through no title procedure and am not looking forward to the state patrol inspection. I just don't want it to be nitpicked. :wink2:

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Normally just a few more posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site
will open to you. This is the sites spambot control. Unfortunately it
is needed today. But you have to make 15 posts before you can post
pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege to be able to post
pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow gets around
that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts