Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm Nick. I am 17. I am new to the forums and the street bike world. I am planning to get a Ninja or a Cbr as my first bike, hopefully very soon, and wanted to join the forums to connect with other riders and get more information. My experience with bikes is that I grew up on Honda XR70 and a CRF150 dirtbikes. My dad recently got a 2002 Marauder, so I have past bike experience and help and experience from my dad as well, and feel that I am ready to enter the world of street bikes.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
................. feel that I am ready to enter the world of street bikes.
The trick is, to stay alive long enough to get the road miles logged! Be CAREFUL out there!!

-Soupy

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Sounds like you have your feet on the ground and off to a good start with being willing to learn from your dad's experience. Get that bike and enjoy!

AND...

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts

·
Visionary
4,632 Posts
Welcome! Take it slow, ride wisely,and be safe. You have young reflexes and probably already have skills from your dirt bike riding that I wish I had, but now you need to learn to deal with traffic, and the situations that come up in day to day riding. That's the really Take the MSF course, and enjoy riding with your dad, that sounds like a great way to bond.
Ride safe!!!

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin:icon_cool:

Take it slow, listen and learn well, and have fun

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome, I would recommend the Motorcycle safety course if you havent allready taken one. I took it already having some bike experience and it's just a great course. Also, I believe you get a discounted insurance if you have taken the course.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas! As the others stated above take the MSF Course, as a new rider myself it taught me a lot of things that I didn't learn or get while practice on other bikes. Traffic can be different to deal with and as I just learned this past weekend -- really strong wind gusts while going over bridges can be awkward.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts