Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Jake and I live in Ohio. I have always wanted a motorcycle since I was a kid. I have just always been fascinated with bikes, the sound, the power, and of course the appeal. Last month I finally took the plunge and I bought my first bike. A 2003 Harley Davidson sportster 1200 (100th anniversary edition). The bike is everything that I wanted and I love it! With the screaming eagle pipes on it I can be sure that my wife knows when it's time to ride as well.

Looking forward to being a part of the motorcycle community!

·
American Legion Rider
21,124 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Well I'll say THIS for you........you "new rider" you!! You sure go full TILT when you start out!! Jumping right on a powerful HD bike like that!!

Be careful!! Would be a shame to mess up an expensive piece of equipment like that, while you learn the ropes of riding!!

Did you take a BRC (Basic Rider's Course) yet? Are you Licensed? I'd strongly recommend both!! (Obviously you will NEED to be "Licensed" at least, and your State may REQUIRE a BRC).

-Soupy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, and yes I am licensed and I did take the brc. It actually helped me to feel more confident about my decision to start riding as well as my riding abilities

1 - 8 of 8 Posts