Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2014 GoldWing GX1800 in Central Kentucky. Have enjoyed riding for the last several years, both short and long hauls. I am thinking about changing the stock pipes on my bike to "Rush" slip on exhaust. Does anyone have input as to whether there are any other changes that need to be made to the tuning of the engine, or whether there are any repercussions regarding the warranty?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
421 is a great ride! Love riding through the horse farms and through the surrounding counties. Rode 290 and 1196 in Mercer county yesterday, great windies and twisties with beautiful scenery.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

I don't know enough about your particular bike to give you solid advice, but generally speaking if you add more open pipes, but your air filter doesn't flow more, you probably don't have to do anything. Especially if your bike uses a wider band O2 sensor system. If you also change your air intake you might have to tune your bike to the pipes and filter, or add a fuel controller, but that will depend on the ability of your bike's ECM to self adjust.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate all of the hellos and input on my question. I really didn't think about changing the air filter to allow more air in, but that is an interesting thought. I am guessing that would boost the horse power substantially when done along with the pipes. As usual, 1 project begins another. I'm happy with that as long as it involves those 2 wheels. Will let Ya know what I end up doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts