Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for approving my membership application. Before retiring last year, I commuted to work on my 2010 VN900 103 miles a day; from Carrollton, Il. to St. Charles, Mo. I am 72 and had little time for riding other than my commute. My first motorcycle was a BSA Lightning 650cc. I always try to ride until Christmas.
The only modification I have is the Highway pegs and an Airhawk seat pad that I inserted inside the stock seat (makes my ride a whole lot more comfortable). The pegs are because I am 6'4" and I need to stretch after an hour of riding. the Airhawk is because I weigh 270lbs and the stock saddle became almost unbearable. Other than that, the Vulcan Classic came stock with almost everything that I need, and it makes me happy. I really liked my Lightning, but maintenance is about 100% less!
Addendum9

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Welcome from another Illinoisan! (Is there really such a word...or such a thing, for that matter?) If you ride until Christmas, you must be pretty far south. I'm north of Chi-town and usually put the bikes away by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you really enjoy your present ride, which is something we all strive to do with ours. If your first ride was a beeser, what are you riding now?

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from south of St. Louis, Missouri. We ride the river road and go up to Brussels and Hardin a lot. Crossing on the ferries on a warm day is so nice. I'm not sure what roads you took to get to St. Charles but there are so many nice ones up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts