Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought a 1981 Honda CB400t. I got it for $300.00. It is running but I do have a lot of work to put in to it to get it on the road, which I am excited to do. I do have a few questions about the bike which I hope some of you may be able to help me with.

The tank does not have a cap. I've done some hunting on ebay and I'm finding a square type cap with a lock for a key on it. either I don't have the original tank for the bike, or i'm not seeing how that square cap is going to work on my tank. I would upload some picture of my tank here, but it keeps asking me for the URL, which i don't have one since the pictures are not online. Any help with that would be great too.

So glad I was able to find the site, hopefully you guys will help me turn my bike into the Cafe Racer I hope it can be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about not really introducing myself in the previous post.
My name's Ted and I live in Hartford WI. I'm the Director of Operations for large security company in the Milwaukee area. My CB400T is the first bike i've ever owned and I'm looking to learn as much as I can before I actually work on it/drive it. I grew up in Canada and Played hockey my whole life including college/semi-pro. Retired now, and raising a family. I"m married and my wife and I have a little 6 month old girl. I uploaded some pics of my bike to my profile page.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. No, a gas tank seldom has a unique way of locking. More often than not a gas tank is locked by the ignition key. Even though an ignition key is far from unique, lots combinations with an ignition sequence can work.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!!
You might check with Z1Enterprises in Marion,N.Y.
They specialize in Vintage Japanese Bike parts.
Regards
ED

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
OK so where are those pictures? If you open an account on Photobucket or some similar place you can upload pictures there and then just paste the IMG links from those pictures in here as so much text. The end result is the picture looks like it is here. This is an example of a picture I took of a juvenile harbor seal that I found on the beach one day.

If you right click the picture you can look at the details of it and see things like the pixel count, where it is stored, etc. under "view image info". Most forums accept pictures this way so a central location for your pictures means just one upload and share the pictures as you please on the various forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts