Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new member to this forum. I'm 36, been on bikes all my life... Primarily Motocross since i was 5. But i've also had my share of the road bikes, always been a Harley person and currently have my first Harley that runs like a beast 05 Softail with many upgrades. My grandfather passed away a few years back and he had a cool little Suzuki TC90 1971, i'm restoring it to factory condition (it's in super awesome condition as is). He's original owner and i actually found the original registration from 1975 in NY State. We cant seem to find the title though. My question and i'm hoping someone can help, is that i want to register it correctly and im currently living in NJ. Does anyone know the first steps i should take in order to register this? There is no bill of sale, sure i can prove he was my grandfather, but even so do they even ask? I've also read that i can fill out an application in Vermont and title it there with transferable plates. Has anyone done that in NJ? Which is my best option.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Artie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya just called DMV, apparently my mother in NY can request a duplicate title as she was the executor of his estate. Once she has the duplicate, she can sign it over to me, then i'll be good to go. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,919 Posts
As the executor she should be able to do most anything with the estate. Might be some local state laws that I am not aware of, but that is generally the case.

Unkle Krusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts