Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New rider here - actually I consider myself the lowest level of novices :)

Googled "best motorcycle forums" and this one came on top in the first website that provided a list, so I came directly to here.

I'm 47 and live half a world away from most of the members here.

My riding career started maybe 35 years ago. At the time the only thing I ever rode was my bicycle. There was an older guy in the neighborhood and asked me if I wanted to try it. I think it was a 125cc Honda. In the first try I let the clutch out too quickly which led to my first wheelie and almost fell, and in the second try I was able to ride it for 5 minutes. Than I took a break from riding for 35 years 馃榿 until last fall when I signed up for a class that is mandatory here if you are applying for a license. The riding school was terrible though but I was able to pass the test (because the people from the school knew the judge doing the test!). Anyway, I found a private instructor and had some lessons with the guy, and he told me to buy a small cc bike and ride it for some time before continuing the lessons at more advance level. I bought a Honda cb300r and then winter came. Still, I ride it around the neighborhood whenever the weather is dry. Hope to continue with the classes in spring. Currently I'm working on relaxing my grip and keeping my head up. It's very difficult to find parking lots to practice, but I do those too whenever I find a suitable area.

Thanks for reading, and ride safe.

On The Road Again!
Welcome to the forum!
You are doing it right. Keep practicing. Not everyone "get's it" right away.
Before too long, you'll be hopping on that bike and heading out for a
ride without thinking about.
Feel free to join in the discussions going on here on forum!

Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
Welcome and enjoy your new experiences

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Very happy to be here and read all the great discussions so far

American Legion Rider
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are a friendly site here. Well, most of us.

Registered
Welcome! Sorry to hear the MC safety school sucked. There are great instructors out there and of course not so great. We are fortunate to have a retired 35 year police motorcycle officer in our area instructing a school. After two decades of riding without the proper endorsement, I decided to take his course to validate my license. I thought I knew a lot about riding, but this guy really opened my eyes to some fundamentals and of course safety techniques.
Happy riding and always watch for the other guy; they don't watch for you.

" Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts