Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Neil. I ride a 1981 Honda CB900c and it is my only form of transportation. I live off-grid in the Texas panhandle with the nearest gas station thirty minutes away and my nearest neighbor three miles away. I have solar panels and haul my water in on my motorcycle. I depend solely on my motorcycle and can't afford to replace it or buy a car; so, it is vital I keep it running right. It hasn't been running right for awhile now and I am hoping to get some advice on this forum. I have been pretty good at fixing things when they go wrong and am pretty sure I know what's wrong now, but would like some validation before I invest in some major work. Thanks for reading my intro. I hope I can find some support here. I'm pretty much all on my own in this world and put all my life in Jesus' hands.

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Sounds to me like you need a second smaller bike to be a backup to your main bike.
Maybe a small dirt bike or a scooter.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
Gidday from a small Island in the Salish Sea.
My gas station is ten miles away on the top of my Island. My water comes from my well. The pump is 350 feet down and needs 220 volts. Later next year I will have tanks to catch the rain from the roof.
My winter bike is an 83 XS400 Yamaha.

UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
Welcome, sorry to read about your problem

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
Thanks. I too am Navy. Six years in the eighties on a submarine. Still working on getting my motorcycle back running. Bad valve.

I was a target

bubleheads will get that joke

Reactions: NeilForJesus
1 - 9 of 9 Posts