Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it hanging,
im a 29 yr old man trying to break into motorcycle repair and building. ive always had a deep passion for motorcycles since child hood, my father rode an old honda 1000 and also owned a 600 though they may not have been harleys they inspired me and made a deep impression. today i not only look at harleys and indians ive fallen for anything on two wheels. i have a gsxr 1000 02 that i am currently putting back together. i guess the reason i want to start really focusing on bike repair and building is the simple fact that i know life isnt easy and you will always have to bust your back but i just want it to be worth it for once. im not afraid of work and im willing to put in the time and effort if you know of anyone hiring or needing help and are willing to teach please let me know.
thank you all.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Hate to tell ya this but given the number of old farts here, you are barely out of childhood now. But good luck with your endeavor. And......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to tell ya this but given the number of old farts here, you are barely out of childhood now. But good luck with your endeavor. And......
[/QUOTE

Well, Thank you kindly. I will keep that in mind. Also I know exactly what you mean. I've gone in person to 6 shops and I've gotten the cold shoulder, I understand to an extant, and though this may not be the easiest thing to do in the world the last 11 years have been trying and tribulous and I've managed to get through with out a single hand to guide me. I've gone hungry cold waterless and Gassless. Needles to say I'm not afraid of much these days but always stay steadfast to improving the lifes of my son and my soon to be wife. Also I invested in myself this year and I've taken care of my responsibilities ahead of schedule so that I may have the time to go in to a shop for a week or so and prove my worth unpaid if necessary just to show that I'm not playing around so if you need help and you are willing to teach. Please feel free to contact me, want a free days worth of assistance and can't find anyone to help call me! I just want to wrench and build bikes don't care how long it takes me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there 707Petalumaguy,Good luck in your search for work. It breaks my heart to see so many young people with no work here in Australia too. I fear for my grandkids future and for western countries. A lot of kids here have taken to drugs and its getting out of control. One of my sons works for GM Holden motor co. which is shutting down at the end of 2017, he's been there for 25 years and God only knows what he is going to do when the crunch comes. Fords are shutting down as is Toyota, our Submarine Corp. and Air Warfare Destroyer Co's are putting out tenders which may send their jobs overseas too! Anyway enough of the doom and gloom, keep your chin up fella and DON'T GIVE UP THE SEARCH you will get there. Cheers. Gerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gerry I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I wish i could say things are better here but the truth is its just as bad. And as for all the doom and gloom well let's just hope things get better sooner than later.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,281 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum Petalumguy. Each generation goes through what you are experiencing. The present generation favors each other so the new guys are left behind. As us old farts retire the opportunities should open up, so keep after it. If you persist you will succeed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts