Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. My real name is Andrew, but I generally go by "tallguy" when
I'm on a forum.

I live in Piedmont, CA (next to Oakland and Berkeley). I've been riding motorcycles since 1965, and have owned 13. My latest is a Suzuki Boulevard S40, a 650cc single. I like its performance, but the seat seems a bit too hard for me. I joined this forum because I don't ride very often, and like to be in touch with other riders.

My motorcycling interests include all types of racing as well as casual riding, on-road and off-road.

I dabbled a bit in motorcycle drag racing, years ago, and more recently, have developed quite an interest in land speed racing. I have been to
Bonneville 3 times, as a spectator.

I am a recently-retired mechanical engineer with a great interest in all kinds
of mechanical things, including vehicles (land, water, air), tools, toys, and robotics.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum tallguy! I'm from Seattle, l work in building maintenance and am on a waiting list for an industrial engineering program. Do you repair and/or restore bikes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hawkaholic37, I don't work on bikes, other than basic maintenance
on my own.

Gripgear, I suspect that my tailbone area hurts when I ride, partly
due to my legs being so long -- the bike "size" may be not quite
right for me. I have minimized the preload of the shocks and even
let a little air out of the rear tire in order to ease the bumps I feel, and I ride very conservatively. I have also considered getting a gel seat pad. I have also read that a Sportster seat
is quite comfortable and may bolt right on in place of the stock
Suzuki seat. I am considering this.

tallguy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome. I ride the s40 also. My seat aint too bad for my butt. But the pillion seat is horrible. Could use a bit more comfort. Other than that i love the bike.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to get out and change your pattern. Forget that "don't ride too often" scenario and really ride your bike. I find it therapeutic to ride and have 19k miles on my 2013 Victory Vision.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Isn't retirement great!?! I find that the more I ride the longer I can go before my bottom starts hurting. Good Luck with that seat issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts