Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thank you for the add and I am looking forward to the advice on this forum.
I am Scott from Mariposa CA. I recently purchased a 1981 CT110 to play around on here in the Mountains.
It is in decent shape, but I do have plans to restore it for something to do in the winter. I am not super Mechanically inclined, so any advice I can receive here would be super helpful!

Thank you,
Scott K.

·
Zip
2,672 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio. Learning mechanic skills on your play toy is much smarter than learning on your family car ;)

·
On The Road Again!
4,455 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Scott.
I'm also a CT guy. Mine is a '77 CT-90.
There are also a few more CT guys on this forum.
Good luck with yours.
Tire Plant Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
American Legion Rider
26,715 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD the site, and...

·
Registered
05 R46, & Fully worked 03 CBR954RR
5 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio. Learning mechanic skills on your play toy is much smarter than learning on your family car ;)
G'day Yank! :devil:
Form sunny Brisbane Australia, where you dodge Kangaroos at dusk & dawn, as ya don't want'a hit one on ya bike?
Your bike here in Australia are what we call posty bikes, because all our post men deliver letters here on these little bikes, which are
bullet proof, & I think these motors are the most ever produced motors ever! because Honda has put em on all their small bikes, EG' the Z50,
which you call the Honda Monkey, their scooters from the 1960's & up, so you have picked the rite bike to restore or rebuild,
because you'll have no drama's getting parts for them,& they are cheap as coconuts, & are very simple to work on,
to the point you can get a top end rebuild kit for one for $50, & that's a new barrel, piston, pin, & rings, & gaskets. If your wanting to build motors?
This is the perfect start, & if you fail? it's a good way to learn not to do that again,As well as it wont break your bank doing it?
Good luck, & don't forget to have fun doing it!
"On Ya Bike Cobber" !!
C.P.Webb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts