Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am a relative new rider and frome Ontario Canada. I currently own a 1986 Suzuki Intruder 700. This is my second bike, my first one was a 1982 Honda Sabre V45 but had to sell it as I couldn't lower it enough to fit me properly due to the single air shock in the centre of the bike.

I am enjoying the new bike though and have been fixing it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I should get one, but I would also like the bike to be complete with center stand.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have one of these, or did you get one of the bigger ones?

·
Zip
2,060 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio.

Nice looking bike? Is that a 16" rear wheel? There's another member on the forums looking for a 16" raised white letter tire.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I know where you can get all kinds of centre stands, but I don't think your motorcycle was ever designed to have one. Even have one in my scrap recycle bin off a Honda FT500 you could have free but I don't think you can make it fit.
I don't buy things like track stands, I would build something like that first.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,143 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

:cool: you could use one of these:
How about waiting until the pertinent thread is unlocked, and reply there. Looks like it's out if left field otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know where you can get all kinds of centre stands, but I don't think your motorcycle was ever designed to have one. Even have one in my scrap recycle bin off a Honda FT500 you could have free but I don't think you can make it fit.
I don't buy things like track stands, I would build something like that first.
It has a spot for one so I am hoping that it did 😂.dCan you let me know of where to find center stands please 🙂

·
Registered
753 Posts
Once my FJ was out of service so the service manager gave me the keys to an Intruder 1400 to ride with the guys on Friday night. I don't think any Intruder has ever been run that hard :p

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,750 Posts

Both bikes, the one you had and now this one are fun bikes. So have fun!!!!

Reactions: BeckiC75

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
Nice bike, welcome to the forum

Reactions: BeckiC75
1 - 11 of 11 Posts