Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Jered. I'm 24 years old and finally bought my first motorcycle back in September of 2019. I've got a 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750. I found this forum and am joining mainly for repair information, but in the future I plan on taking trips, and so I'm sure I'll come here for tips on that too.
I already made a post in the repair thread before I knew what I was doing or really read anything anywhere else on the forum, so I apologize for not introducing myself first.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio, and thanks for introducing yourself!

Along with getting your bike road ready, make sure to get yourself road ready, too. That is, get some training. Good riding skills are important, and it's important to practice them until they become second nature. Another very important part of road readiness is learning how to be situationally aware. Look for videos by Dan Dan the Fireman. He analyzes videos of crashes and near misses and points out what the rider missed that could have avoided the situation altogether.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RogerC60! I've actually been riding few a few years now, and did a msf course also. I've been following Dan Dan and many other motorcyclists on YouTube for a while now actually. I am just now finally getting a bike so I'm trying to learn more about maintaining it myself.

·
On The Road Again!
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jared.
We have a nice bunch of folks here.
Join into the discussions and you'll be
an old timer here in no time at all.

·
American Legion Rider
19,449 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us😁