Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll, old guy here, old rider, Navajo County, Arizona, ZX14's, all year rider, come here to possibly find information about certain bike add-on's, training, and maybe pass on some stuff I have learned in the past fifty or so years of riding. Retired instructor (different industry) and always a student of riding skills. Thank You for the add.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. Wish I were in Arizona right now. Wouldn't have to deal with all the leaves falling in the yard and bothering everyone but me. :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Arkansas. Wish I were in Arizona right now. Wouldn't have to deal with all the leaves falling in the yard and bothering everyone but me. :)
Thank You for the Welcome. Leaves can be nasty. I was in your beautiful state or Arkansas twice. Once in and out for a business type meeting, and the other for 2 weeks amongst other things a 3 day fall bow deer hunt and all I saw was sand, pines and no deer!! But I enjoyed my stay. I'm in northeast Arizona. Along with a bunch of Ponderosa Pines we also have a bunch or Oak, Aspen and other leaf type trees. We also have some snow and temperatures sometimes below zero during the few winter months.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My daughter got a deer last week, well I guess she didn't actually "get it", it got up and ran away after causing $2800 damage to the front of her car. So there's deer here, just got to be driving down the right road at the wrong time. :LOL:

Took the wife and kids to Arizona years ago on vacation, had to see the Grand Canyon. In our wandering around, we came upon a small lake near/on/at the Arizona/Utah border with a whole bunch of Indians there. All the kids were swimming and our two wanted to swim also. It wasn't hard picking out which ones were ours. But they had a good time. :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Welcome aboard George.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My daughter got a deer last week, well I guess she didn't actually "get it", it got up and ran away after causing $2800 damage to the front of her car. So there's deer here, just got to be driving down the right road at the wrong time. :LOL:

Took the wife and kids to Arizona years ago on vacation, had to see the Grand Canyon. In our wandering around, we came upon a small lake near/on/at the Arizona/Utah border with a whole bunch of Indians there. All the kids were swimming and our two wanted to swim also. It wasn't hard picking out which ones were ours. But they had a good time. :)
I suppose that means Retired Guy that your family has white skin. Yes there are many brown skins in this part of the country, Navajo, Apache, Hopi and many other tribes, along with Mexican, Latino and some white with a deep Arizona sun tan.

Apparently the deer wasn't that inured and hope your daughter didn't sustain injury. Cars and motorcycles can be replaced. As you point out I must have been in the wrong woods at the wrong time, or I had the wrong hunting guide!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greetings from Phoenix sir. Welcome!
Thank You for the Welocome Omega03. I'll be down in Phoenix for a couple nights on December 6th and 7th to attend a class at Arizona Motorsports Park. Keep it dry with lots of sunshine please!

·
American Legion Rider
26,017 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
Warning: Mood change in 3... 2... 1...
284 Posts
Welcome from Misery! Sedona was one of my favorite parts driving to Grand Canyon from Phoenix airport. And Sliding Rock - wheeeeee!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from Misery! Sedona was one of my favorite parts driving to Grand Canyon from Phoenix airport. And Sliding Rock - wheeeeee!
Thank You for the Welcome roflol. Sedona does have some pretty scenery, but it's a tourist trap for sure.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Went to visit my niece last year. A friend of hers had a cabin on a lake not far from Sedona. We used it as our base to go to the Grand Canyon and the petrified forest/painted desert. Some great sites in that part of AZ. Great Mexican restaurant in Flagstaff as well. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Reactions: Eagle Six

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to visit my niece last year. A friend of hers had a cabin on a lake not far from Sedona. We used it as our base to go to the Grand Canyon and the petrified forest/painted desert. Some great sites in that part of AZ. Great Mexican restaurant in Flagstaff as well. Wish I could remember the name of it.
From my back deck, as the crow fly's, to the south entrance of the Petrified National Forest is 16 miles!! I've lived here over 10 years and just today my wife and I and another rider friend took the tour of the Petrified Forest. It is basically looking at the same as we look at out our backyard, but we had to pay fifteen bucks to drive the 27 miles through a bunch of wasteland. On the other hand, places like Sedona, Prescott, Jerome, cottonwood are all pretty nice especially on 2 wheels. Glad you had a great time visiting.

·
Warning: Mood change in 3... 2... 1...
284 Posts
Thank You for the Welcome roflol. Sedona does have some pretty scenery, but it's a tourist trap for sure.
I'll take your word for it on the tourist trap; I did see a lot of fancy schmancy artsy shops driving through town. Much to my teenage kids' chagrin, we only stopped for free scenic views ;} I am such a sucker for red earth against a blue sky ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi and welcome from South Texas! I don't have a cool graphic like Hogcowboy, but the welcome is no less sincere.

Wife and I lived in Arizona for a few months during training. We have very fond memories of warm days and big skies. We would drive up to Tuscon on weekends, sometimes. Also visited the OK Coral, which was not far from where we lived. We thought Arizona was great and would love to get back and explore in more detail, and on two wheels.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll take your word for it on the tourist trap; I did see a lot of fancy schmancy artsy shops driving through town. Much to my teenage kids' chagrin, we only stopped for free scenic views ;} I am such a sucker for red earth against a blue sky ?
Nice photo, that is probably the most photographed single red rock in Arizona. I've gone past it at a crawl weaving between tourist and flatlanders who just stopped to snap a picture and had the road almost completely blocked!! I haven't been to Sedona for over 10 years, looks like they have some off road parking at the rock now. Downtown Sedona can be like two different places during the season depending on the day of the week you visit. On a Wednesday it's in and out like a breeze, eat where you want with main street parking. On a Saturday you can suffer 2 hour delays just getting in and out with people fighting over street side parking!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts