Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I live in Northern California and have been a V65 owner for close to 20 years. I love to tinker with my bike. It runs great and I use it a lot. Motorcycling is as close to heaven as one can get on this earth. I hope to make some acquaintances with V65 interests. I recently went on a charity run from Sacramento to Sugar Bowl (close to Truckee, CA) I didn't see any vintage Honda's. Seems weird, but my motorcycle interests date way back. I'm quite familiar with the 84 Sabre V65, as an owner and enthusiast, not from a mechanics point of view, but an owner. I've been around many of the problems with this machine and am glad to answer any question that I have an answer or idea about. Thanks .................... paulvictor

·
Registered
307 Posts
The V65 Sabre is one of my favorite older bikes. It was definitely on my watch list when I wanted to upgrade from my '83 Honda Nighthawk. But I chose to go with a bike that wasns't quite so old.

But I still glance longingly every time I see one, especially in that black/red/silver color combo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's good to see some other V65 fans out there. I actually have 2 V65's. One runner and the other for parts. The parts bike is complete except the headlight bucket, ring and bulb assembly. I'd like to post a picture on my post, however I'm not understanding how to do it. Also would like to get some bags for my bike, I like the look of yours .................... what are they? paulvictor

·
Registered
307 Posts
My main ride is a 1998 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000. The bags came standard on the Connie. Close up, they look like Samsonite luggage, but they sure are handy. Here's a better shot of the bags:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. The small picture you have on your profile is hard to see. I actually thought it might be a Sabre V65 I see with the bigger picture what it is. Its very nice, I like the way you have it outfitted. I use a tank bag now, but it's hard to find hard luggage that mounts on the V65 as it's a sporty model that originally came with faring and luggage that I don't have. I have to find a photo service to park my images on so I can show her off

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the bike. I've only had it a couple of months but I've really been enjoying it. I stripped her down the other night just for fun:

As for image hosting, I simply use Google's free Picasa service. It works well for me.

I've seen the Sabres fully kitted out; there were even a couple for sale on Craig's List around here this summer. I think the bags look sharp, but I'm not a fan of the old fairing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked out the nighthawk-forum with the URL you provided. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. It's genius, it's good looking, it looks exactly like it should. I along with you never liked the original faring and bag setup. I'm going to do the same with mine as soon as I can get some wampum together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to you too. V45's and 65's are awesome. I love my 2 V65's. Any questions are welcomed. I'm no expert but I know a lot of stuff. paulvictor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I completely forgot about the V30. Did they make a Sabre and a Magna? Still try too get a hold of the guy with the cool bags.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I thought there was a V30 Sabre, but a quick check online shows just a V45 and V65. I also learned the same engines were used in the Interceptors.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Paul, I started out on the V65 Saber 1100F. Was an awesome bike was REALLY hard to find parts for the fairing. Honda always told my dad and I that they never made a fully fared V65. Was a great bike then the stater went out. We were never able to find a replacement until 2 weeks after it was sold then i found a distributor that had 10,000 in a warehouse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts