Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, recently bought a project bike and decided to look up a good forum site since I'm in need of some knowledge. This seemed like a good site to be a part of. Ive owned a bunch of bikes. Started out with newer sport bikes and more recently have gotten into the 80s bikes because of the cost (purchase price, insurance, maintenance etc). I have a few mopeds and currently only one project Honda Enduro but I plan on picking up another street cruiser or 2 this spring/summer.

See you on the forums

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Dad moved us when I was quite small (from the age of 1 to 6) to the upper Northwest of Wisconsin, near the St. Croix River, into a sleepy little community called "Wood River."

If nothing else, I learned that there is a awful lot of open space up there for riding!!

Of course, given my age range, at the time "I" lived there, I was only riding a tricycle (lol).

In fact, in our house in that community, we had a French Door in the Living Room, that led to the outside. It had (I'm estimating) 8 panes of square glass, approximately 10 x 10 inches each.

The story goes, that while riding my tricycle around in the Living Room, I rode directly INTO one of those panes of glass, putting my head THRU it (that explains a LOT.........LOL).

They got me out without as much as a scratch I guess, because I have no memory of having to see a Doctor or anything.

I have pictures to remind me of that area, and that house. Watching Fireworks on the fourth of July from our front lawn, being shot off in a neighboring town...........cats by the handfuls.........cows across the street that got out of their pasture now and then........my first "Summer Camp" experience, from which I bailed, (home sickness)......and a re-visiting of the area when I was twelve, with my folks........and the little ole lady that sat in the front pew of the Church every Sunday, who passed away; and the mound of earth that they used to cover her with..........AMAZING, the little details we remember from such an early age!!!

-Soupy

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Welcome from Nebraska. I've visited your state a few times... first flying (going to the flyin at Oshkosh) and later in a cage. I'm hoping to return with my bike to ride through your amazing scenery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts