Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been lurking for quite some time and I decided that it was about time to sign up. I've enjoyed reading so many of your posts.

Anyway, I live in eastern PA and I ride a Suzuki TU250X. I rode some when I was younger and and finally able to get back into it. It is so much fun I'm mad I didn't make it happen earlier. I ride almost every day to work and I usually have a grin on my face at least until I get into office.

I look forward to seeing you on the board and maybe on the road.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
The wife and I have often travelled thru PA. Sometimes to Ohio, via Route 80, and sometimes just South on 81 unti we hit Route 64 to go East towards the ocean until we hit 95.

I remember those years when PA had a TON of deer on Route 80 (in the median, and on the sides of the road)! What a massive overpopulation there was! Of course there are STILL deer around, but there has been a noticable change to the population (at least along Route 80 anyway).

Time to upgrade to a bike with a bigger motor!! 250's can be fun to tool around on, but you may want to venture out on longer rides at some point, and your body will love you for a bit more power and comfort.

-Soupy

·
Visionary
4,632 Posts
Welcome from NE PA! We were just down in your area Wednesday, rode 611 and 32 from Bangor to New Hope for some window shopping and lunch.
A nice cool, shady ride along the river on a hot day.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!

Soupy, we still have lots of deer. I saw one on a ride the other afternoon. Also, I truly enjoy riding my TU especially in my local area. It's just too much fun! I am thinking about adding something to the stable at some point but I need to do some convincing at home:)

Mike721, that's a great place to ride. I'm on those roads a bit. As you get near New Hope, on a weekend, your arm gets tired of waving to all the other riders:)

·
Motorbike Macgyver
384 Posts
I live in Gainesville Florida at the moment, but I was born and raised in Lancaster county, and I hope to move back there next year. Wife and I decided to try it out down South, and while it's very nice here, she misses her family and I miss the familiarity and I miss her family because we do really all get along great for the most part. So we will be back in the Lancaster county area soon. Just not sure exactly where till we start looking at places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hillbilly, I was just out in Lancaster last week at Hershey. It has been a long time and I forgot how beautiful the scenery is out there. The riding must be awesome! Good luck with your transition.

·
Motorbike Macgyver
384 Posts
Lol, Hershey isn't Lancaster county. I'm not sure what county it is, but I know its not Lancaster. I have to look it up.

·
Motorbike Macgyver
384 Posts
Hershey is in Dauphin county. But there are a lot of beautiful places to ride in PA, its nice when you kinda get away from the cities and towns and getnout on the open roads in the middle of nowhere. Lots of places in PA like that, great country to ride in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hillbilly, I just meant that I was out that way. It's really nice out there and a lot more places to get out of traffic. I'll need to get out there for a long ride some day.

Mike721, you inspired me to head up near Easton and work my way down to New Hope on 611 and River Rd. I skipped New Hope because it was more crowded than usual. What a great day for a ride!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Doylestown?? Sounds familiar!
I lived in "Milton",PA. from 2002-2005,Beautiful area!!

(Catiwissa,Bloomsburg,Selinsgrove,Lewisburg,Watsontown,
Danville,Sunbury area)
Anyway, welcome from East Tennessee!!
Ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts