Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just found this forum and it looks like an interesting place to hang out. I have been riding for 40 years and currently ride a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad 1700. Love the bike and love to ride as often as possible.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome from CT!! Mass, bring back nightmares of the Pike... Got to go pee before getting on that road, cause you'll be holding for miles on end if you don't....Son went to school up at UTI in Norwood.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We had a 2005 1600 Vulcan Nomad. It was a great bike and we really liked it but we started touring a lot and wanted more comfort so traded it in on our Vision.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from CT!! Mass, bring back nightmares of the Pike... Got to go pee before getting on that road, cause you'll be holding for miles on end if you don't....Son went to school up at UTI in Norwood.
The pike can be a pain to a lot of people. I frequently ride out the pike and meet friends from Southbridge and South Windsor, CT for rides up in to the western MA area and a good lunch. Always have to have a destination.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the Forum. We had a 2005 1600 Vulcan Nomad. It was a great bike and we really liked it but we started touring a lot and wanted more comfort so traded it in on our Vision.
A friend of mine rides a 1600 and has issues riding it for long periods with the seat. He's done the sftermarket seats and still doesn't have the comfort that he needs. On the 1700 models Kawasaki changed the seat to a more comfortable seat and the transmission has been changed to a 6 speed. I usually ride anywhere from 8 to 12 hours per day going out on weekend day rides and could go longer if I had to. They also shortened the bike so that it's easier to maneuver at slow speeds.

How do you like the Vision?

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
We quickly bought mustang seats for ours and it still was only good for about 100 miles...which became more like 50 miles after 6 or 7 hours or 400 to 500 miles.

We absolutely love the Vision. We were amazed at the comfort difference. We could immediately ride tank full to tank full all day long. 700 miles in a day was not out of the question. When we were looking for a touring bike we tried all brands and it was just the most comfy for both of us.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the same thing. Went and looked or rode most of the large cruisers out there. I couldn't get use to the Victory handlebars. Other than that I loved the bike.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Another Vision rider here. I have to agree with MONI. If I have ridden all day and racked up 700 miles I will still jump on the bike to run errands. It is that comfortable for me with the stock seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum.
Another Vision rider here. I have to agree with MONI. If I have ridden all day and racked up 700 miles I will still jump on the bike to run errands. It is that comfortable for me with the stock seat.
I do that with mine also. Spend a 9 hour day riding and will still get back on and ride to the store. I think the bike manufacturers are finally figuring out that people want a comfortable stock seat and not have to go out and spend a grand on a Russell Day Long after purchasing the bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts