Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All........This is Dave. I have viewed this forum several times and decided to join. I started out riding mini bikes at 10, then to a Yamaha 125 Enduro at 14. My first street bike was a Honda CA160 (what a beauty, wish I still had it). I moved up to a Yamaha 400 Special II and two years later to the Yamaha 650 Maxim (really enjoyed this bike). Children came along and I decided to sell my Maxim to buy a family friendly vehicle (custom Chevy van).

The children have grown and moved out of the house, so my wife and I decided we wanted to ride again, but this time we went to dirt bikes. We purchased Honda's CRF150F and CRF250X. We love riding these bikes and have family and friends who also have off-highway vehicles, so it makes our riding time more fun and of course, the weather in the left state is always (mostly) conducive to ride.

The van was sold years ago and we now have a Chevy truck, a Jeep, a dog, and grandchildren.

"If you can still hear your fears, shift a gear."

·
American Legion Rider
21,729 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

Our regular members do like to know they are welcoming a real person.
Thanks for your introduction.
We are friendly site here. Well, most of us

·
On The Road Again!
3,383 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dave.
From the other side of the country, northern New Jersey!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,109 Posts
Welcome from the right coast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the welcome. I completed a carb rebuild on my CRF250, so tomorrow I will take it out for a shake-down ride. Weather is beautiful here on the left coast!! Sorry easterners............come and visit!

"The most dangerous part of a dirt bike, is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts