Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased my first Honda last night. I'm not even entirely sure what it is because the guy before me didn't have a title for it. I'm going to name some things about it and see if some of you Honda enthusiasts can narrow it down for me. The guy told me it was a 1982 500. It is a two cylinder and is shaft driven. Caliper front brake with a radiator. On the sticker on the front of the frame it says Model - MF6-670 and I believe it would be the serial number that begins JH2 PC0809 DM00----. Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks!

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
It could be a CX 500. It might be too late now, but if you are going to be riding it on the street, you are going to need the title for it.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
With no title I sort of feel for you. I own 2 older bikes that have not been registered lately and expect even that to give me trouble when I next decide to license one of them for the road.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
LOL! So I guess I shouldn't look for a bike like that next time I'm in Chicago area thinking it might be you?? :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you bring the Vin to the dmv, they can typically track down last known title holder. They can also get you the paper work you need to get a new title in your name...

Welcome to the forum, I am from Forest Lake MN.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts