Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in roseville michigan. I just bought a 1986 suzuki intruder 700cc. It is my first bike in like 12 years. I learned on a 1972 suzuki 380 gt. I hope to get advice here and offer any that i can

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from a rider in CT. Enjoy your stay.

I too had a period of years in between my first and second bike, (some 10 years or so) and for "me" the move back to two wheels has gone fairly smoothly, minus any personal physical issues that have cropped up that I don't blame the bike for.

For the most part, you and I, and others like us, are coming back to riding with an advantage based on experience. We have a working knowledge of what works and what doesn't, in terms of the riding itself, and the gear that works for us.

It wasn't a hard transition back.......

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, wasn't hard getting back into it. Although the freeway is a lot different without a full face helmet lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome from another old newbie...

I cut my teeth on a 72' GT 380 Suzuki as well. That was a bad ass bike for the displacement and a triple. Back in the day I was beating bigger bikes with that bike pretty much stock with some minor modifications, and it had a good top end for a bike that size. I haven't had a bike for 20 years, and after looking for the past 3 years settled on a real nice 1 owner Kawasaki KZ650-B2 that I just love. It makes me feel like I'm 18 again every time I ride it. Take care!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings from another Michigander! I stay out here in waterford and ride a 15' ninja 650 so if you ever wanna ride hit up Q!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts