Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll how is everyone. Well I want to get straight to the dillema I have. I have been ridiing for 25 + years. Little over a year ago back in may of 2014 I wrecked my bike had a traumatic brain injury, lost my short term memory and to many injuries to list them all. Was told I would never work, function as a normal adult and especially never ride again. Well after extensive therapy great doctors, therapists, nurses and TONS OF PRAYER let me tell ya I am back working providing for my family only thing left out of the equation is riding. So I am finally ready to tackle this. BUT as the story goes wrecked the bike 2009 custom chopper my BABY. so insurance company totaled it and gave me a settlement and I bought the bike back from them. Me and some friends fixed it up. Now it has a salvaged title and I have no idea how to go about getting it titled so I can start riding again. I live in N.C. I have no clue where to even start the process but it is killing me not being able to ride. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE. I need some good solid info what, where, when how ????????????????. ANY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, DIRECTIONS. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the lenghthy note. I am just FREAKIN EXCITED and can not wait to get back on my hog and conquer that fear i have been carrying aroung for over a year. Got to get this monkey off my back with your HELP. Thanks again for any and all info.:71baldboy::thumbsup::)

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another North Carolina rider.

Congrats on overcoming your injuries and proving those folks wrong who said you couldn't do those things. You are blessed to have your prayers answered.

Here's a link to the North Carolina DMV page regarding Salvaged Vehicles. For more information regarding salvage vehicles in North Carolina, call the Department of Transportation, Division of Motor Vehicles, Salvage Office at (919) 861-3500. http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/salvaged-vehicles.php

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Good luck in your quest, and welcome back into the fold

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
The paperwork will be mostly an aggravation and nuisance soon forgotten when you're back in the saddle.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great to hear that you are again able to get back into riding. Good Luck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello searchingeagle and welcome back. I'm new here myself but I'm sure the old bunch is happy to hear from you and I'm very glad that you're doing so well. It looks like Oz has already pointed you in the direction you need to go to get your title work done. Here in NM, you can license a salvage titled vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts