Motorcycle Forum banner

New Harley Rider

7K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  knobcreek 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new-to-me 2008 Harley Night Rod VRSCDX today and wanted to share my excitement. The bike was the seller's son, who passed away this August, so I got it for a really good price of $7900...only 4944 miles on her, but wanting to put some more before the season ends for this year.

See less See more
#8 ·
yeah, coming from a sports bike, the Night Rod drew my attention and I knew I wanted one. Got 2 helmets, 5 pairs of leather gloves, a Harley riding jacket, a T-bag, a ramp, Harley leather boots, and a couple other things for the asking price.

#14 ·
I usually don't like blacked out bikes, I'm easily distracted by shiny things and the more chrome the better, but that bike is bad ass, I could easily make an exception for it!
Very nice, enjoy it!

#27 ·
OK, it became official this morning when I went and picked up the bike from an hour away. The sellers were so accommodating when they allowed for me to utilize their trailer to transport the bike to my garage and return with it intact.

Anyways, I have the title in hand, the bike parked in storage, and now time to install the plow on my truck since it started to snow on my way back home.

#31 ·
I'm a fresh rider, to be honest, and I'm torn between the new 72 Sportster or the Night Rod. NYC based, I actually work at the H-D in Manhattan. I know I'd probably get bored of the 72 really quick, year or less, while the Night Rod will possibly kill me trying to turn. Any advice? The other guys here suggest off the Night Rod to the 72, but a few say I should be fine on the Night Rod. I'm 6' 200lbs.

#34 · (Edited)
I'm 5'7, 130lbs. (wet) and I am doing just fine on the Night Rod. My main concern when I first got the bike was how I would get used to the forward controls, and that's turned out to be a non -issue for me. I would personally test ride the Sportster and the Night Rod and see what suits you best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.