Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new-to-me 2008 Harley Night Rod VRSCDX today and wanted to share my excitement. The bike was the seller's son, who passed away this August, so I got it for a really good price of $7900...only 4944 miles on her, but wanting to put some more before the season ends for this year.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Nice ride

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha..yeah, the days are numbered and I am already considering putting the plow on my truck...

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
The night rod was the first Harley that gave me a chub.

The one I saw (and I know this is wrong, but it looked good) had a very well done header wrap on it and was totally blacked out otherwise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, coming from a sports bike, the Night Rod drew my attention and I knew I wanted one. Got 2 helmets, 5 pairs of leather gloves, a Harley riding jacket, a T-bag, a ramp, Harley leather boots, and a couple other things for the asking price.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Congrats on the bike and all of the other things. Sounds like you 'done real good'. Hope you get to ride a lot before that plow is needed. What a NASTY thought...Yuk. :D :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer gave you a t bag? That is a surprise.
It was actually a private sale through cycletrader. I felt so bad for taking the free items, but like I said, it was the seller's son who passed away this August and she thought they should go with the bike.

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
I usually don't like blacked out bikes, I'm easily distracted by shiny things and the more chrome the better, but that bike is bad ass, I could easily make an exception for it!
Very nice, enjoy it!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Is it a no-no to have t-bags on a Harley? The bike has quick-detach saddle bags already on them.
It's your bike, you put on it what you want on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I usually don't like blacked out bikes, I'm easily distracted by shiny things and the more chrome the better, but that bike is bad ass, I could easily make an exception for it!
Very nice, enjoy it!
Agreed....It's got a nice mat black finish on it, with 2 glossy stripes down the middle, but I had planned on putting a few chromed items on her.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's your bike, you put on it what you want on it.
I was just curious if he meant that dealerships dont normally give free items or if t-bags were not meant to be seen on Harleys. Am new to this, so curiosity is killing the cat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts