Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :biggrin:. I have a Honda VLX600 shadow and it has the stock handlebars which are very comfortable and good looking too, but i sat on this other bike (happend to be a harley:thumbsup: :) with low ape hangers. It felt much better for my back and the posture was more comfortable. So now im thinking on upgrading my stock bars for the higher type. I need some advice and mybe some brands that i could look up.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Let me tell you, it may feel good sitting on the bike, but riding with them will be entirely different. If they sit you more bolt upright the shock from every bump will go directly up your spine. That is one of the problems with a lot of cruisers. The closer to standard bike seating you get the better. Even the big dressers mostly have you sitting up with a bit of forward lean when stock.

One other thing, unless you have a lot of wind protection high bars can cause arm issues when you end up holding yourself up into the wind.

Not telling you not to do them, just telling you what can happen. Sitting still isn't riding. No expansion joints and tar strips slamming up your back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought about that too, well i guess i will try and see, im still keeping the old bars in the box after i switch them just in case, you know. thank you.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Post some before and after pics if the bars your getting and let us know if you like the change. I think its smart that your keeping the stock bars just in case. Keep in mind you may have to switch out your stock throttle cables, brake lines, switch wiress, grips, ect ect.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went today and looked up some prices for the bars and got very surprised that they are cheaper to get thru a dillership than online. mid. buckhorn $150online-$90dealer. for the same bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts