Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning y'all

In Georgia, Just joined this site. Built this bike 15 years ago. Has a 21" front wheel, no front brake, mini apes, has 2 calipers on rear brake one for handlebar and one for foot, Denvers 18 over springer, Paughco tank, Ultima frame raked to 50º, S&S 93" Pan, kick only, jockey suicide, early 60's ratchet top 4 -speed, 3 inch Rivera belt drive, 530 chain rear drive, original aluminum Moon oil tank, original Cobra seat. Look forward to being here.

R. S.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an iconic and remarkable looking motorbike you've built there!
Thank you sir, I first became of choppers when I was a kid of around 13 which would have been in 1971. So my taste has always been for that style.

R. S.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,354 Posts
Welcome to the forum, looks like it is a rigid as well.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,354 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
Welcome!
You don't see many old skool choppers on the road anymore, very nice! 2 calipers on the rear, interesting way to use both brakes, was that the normal way to set up a chopper? I never noticed one set up that way before, I always just assumed they just had a foot brake.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome!
You don't see many old skool choppers on the road anymore, very nice! 2 calipers on the rear, interesting way to use both brakes, was that the normal way to set up a chopper? I never noticed one set up that way before, I always just assumed they just had a foot brake.
Here is a pic from when the bike was under construction. The top caliper is activated by the handlebar and the bottom by the foot. This way it has two different master cylinders. Don't have to rely on one failing at the wrong time. Also makes it a lot easier to use the jockey shift on hills.

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
Nicely done sir! I never thought about having 2 seperate systems for redundancy, good thinking there. Clearly your bike was bult to ride, not get trailered to a show.

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice sword placement too. Is the sword functional?
Funny story, the sword is a Chinese fighting sword. I know nothing of it other than that. Found two of them in an antique shop. When I first built the bike it was removable. After about a year of riding I was pulled over in Key West Florida. I think he just wanted to look at the bike more than anything. He brought up the sword and asked if it was removable. Me being an idiot, pulled it out and thought he was going to have a heart attack. Came very close to going to jail. I just decided to weld it in to prevent future problems.

R. S.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
465 Posts
Ok. So cops dont like swords on your bike. Im glad you told me before i mounted a 63" crusader sword on my bike.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,990 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts