Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Writing from Iowa just across the river from Omaha. I grew up riding a bit but never on the streets. Got my first street bike a few years ago, a Honda Twinstar (which was quite small being 6'7" but still fun). It was actually supposed to be for my wife after she mentioned it would be fun to ride but later found out she was just thinking out loud. I quickly took advantage of it though and grabbed it for a song. Did some minor stuff, got cobwebs cleaned out, realized she wasn't serious about riding so I started using it to scoot to work.

After a year, I traded it for an 81 xt500. I've been able to convince several friends to join me and 2 of my 3 brothers so far :). My kids beg me for rides and my oldest son and I picked up dirt bikes (did minor rebuilds) and been having a blast.

I've got several bikes now (cb550, cl350, r1100rt to name a few...) and have started doing a little restoring/rebuilding and just getting into some custom builds with 2 good friends.

I landed on the forum looking for help with a possible bad field coil on an 87 Yamaha Radian. Plan to keep looking and probably post a question or two :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys... my friend and I got one of the bikes running with some help from some guys on the forum already.

Metaldoc, I actually work in Omaha!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I was born in Ames! My brother went back to school at ISU. I get up there occasionally to see him and his family. He's actually got a cl350 we took up to him not long ago and he's trying to work some kink out of it then will go take his riding exam :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts