Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack here from Wilmington. Just wanted to introduce myself.
I bought a vintage 1973 Honda CL350 Scrambler for Christmas last year and have just now starter to ride it quite a bit. Took a while to get into safety class at the local community college. Have not ridden since my high school days. 40 years. Have always wanted one of these and found a nice one on Craig's List. I commute to work and back 8 miles and ride it around the county and at the beach communities. I have really enjoyed it so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have, but am having trouble posting them. Size seems to be an issue. I will do a search for instructions.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on finally getting to ride. I envy folks that are close to beaches or mountains. Love them both!!

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Yes I have, but am having trouble posting them. Size seems to be an issue. I will do a search for instructions.

There's a wonderful "free" photo editing tool out there called "Irfanview" that is great (and easy to figure out) for sizing photos to more usable sizes. If you download it and need help figuring out how to use it, I'll help ya thru it. Pretty intuitive though.

Link: http://www.irfanview.com/

The others are right of course........you DO need a minimum number of posts before you can put a picture in, I believe; but that shouldn't take long.

I'm a bit envious of the fact that you are down in NC. That gives you a longer riding season than us up here in CT. I am not far now from putting the bike up "for the winter" and am already going thru withdrawal. I rode every sunny day up til yesterday, as long as the weather was dry and the temp was above 45ºF.

Most likely, my wife and I will be going thru your State in March (typical annual trip to Florida), so I'll wave from the interstate when I go thru (and try and catch a whiff of the tobacco smell as I pass by RJ Reynolds!!).

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

I like Willmington too. Several years ago I made a boatload of money doing custom woodwork and hardwood floors in a place called "Landfall" in Willmington.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. I will post a few more times and then try to upload some pics.
Landfall is the premier development in this area. Located on the Intercostal Waterway. Very nice!
Soupy, thanks for the irfanview tip. I will look at that site.
Yes you can ride here year round. We do have a few really cold days, but for the most part if it is cold for a few it will warm it and stay nice for a few. We like it here in eastern NC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soupy,
I loaded the irfanview software and you are correct. Very nice. Thanks for that tip.
jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts