Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

My names Mike, I live in Southend England but grew up in South London. I've been riding for 12 years. Most of my motorcycles have been sport bikes. I use my motorcycles mainly for commuting to work 80 mile round trip but I enjoy long journeys and a bit of track time.

I Currently ride a 2001 Suzuki bandit with about 50 thousand miles on it. Always messing with it and trying to fix it. Well thats about it, I'm looking forward to exploring this forum.

·
Visionary
5,741 Posts
Welcome and that's a great choice of commuter bike. I commute a long way every day too, I've been using a touring bike but sometimes I think something smaller and more nimble would be a better choice for me too.... or maybe I'm just jealous of my wife's new V-Strom..I really have to try taking that to work one day, if she lets me :)

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
134 Posts
Morning all,

My names Mike, I live in Southend England but grew up in South London. I've been riding for 12 years. Most of my motorcycles have been sport bikes. I use my motorcycles mainly for commuting to work 80 mile round trip but I enjoy long journeys and a bit of track time.
Welcome.

I Currently ride a 2001 Suzuki bandit with about 50 thousand miles on it. Always messing with it and trying to fix it.
Looks good. 50 thousand in 20 years; that means it has a another 40 years of running left
in it. They are good reliable bikes. My K6 650 has needed a clutch cable and a throttle cable
in the nine years I have owned it.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,823 Posts
Welcome to a great Forum Mike!

The Bandit 1200 is a great bike and an under rated performer, just a tad under the 'Superbike' class.

I had a brand new 1200S ABS, Yoshimura piped, in 1997 and it would easily out run my Yamaha V-Max from about 80 mph up.

Sam:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.