·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can call it whatever you want.
I call it "Too Complicated".
Just try fixing that yourself when something
goes wrong.

That’s any modern back after 08. To me all touring bikes have to much tech and to much distraction. I personally like the late 80s to mid 90s goldwing’s same with Harley like the early touring models only one I really like like is the Standard electric glide no radio no gps no tech. My kind of bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've given them a close look at the dealer - don't like all that plastic covering everything. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another Goldwing, just with a better name.

All Honda’s have plastic. That’s the draw back to them. The new one reminds me of a move I saw called Priest. You could tell it’s a gold wing with a custom look still I think it’s sharp looking

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
All Honda’s have plastic. That’s the draw back to them. The new one reminds me of a move I saw called Priest. You could tell it’s a gold wing with a custom look still I think it’s sharp looking

Maybe all NEW Honda's have plastic; the only plastic on my Valk are the side covers and saddle bags. The rest is steel and aluminum, excepting the seats. There's just too much plastic for my tastes; I like a more nekkid bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe all NEW Honda's have plastic; the only plastic on my Valk are the side covers and saddle bags. The rest is steel and aluminum, excepting the seats. There's just too much plastic for my tastes; I like a more nekkid bike.

Yea I’ll always go for older Honda’s and Harley’s my self. Not going to argue you there

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,131 Posts
Honda has just refined the names. What was the F6b is now the basic Goldwing. What used to be the real Goldwing now is called the Goldwing Tour. I have a 2016 Goldwing, and I had the chance to ride one of the "new", i.e. 2018 or newer, Wings. Although the new style is 85 pounds lighter, I did not feel it made that much of a difference at all. The seating position is a little bit more aggressive on the new Goldwings, i.e., a bit more to the "sport" side, which is why at least some of the industry magazines now call the Goldwing a "sport tourer" rather than just a "tourer". A very noticeable difference from the older Wings is the 1/3 reduction in storage capacity. If I were in the market for an F6B, I would look for a pre-2018 one still on a dealer's showroom floor rather than spending the higher amount on a new basic Goldwing. FWIW, when I took the demo ride, I did not think that the newly designed front suspension made as big a difference as Honda claims it does, but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honda has just refined the names. What was the F6b is now the basic Goldwing. What used to be the real Goldwing now is called the Goldwing Tour. I have a 2016 Goldwing, and I had the chance to ride one of the "new", i.e. 2018 or newer, Wings. Although the new style is 85 pounds lighter, I did not feel it made that much of a difference at all. The seating position is a little bit more aggressive on the new Goldwings, i.e., a bit more to the "sport" side, which is why at least some of the industry magazines now call the Goldwing a "sport tourer" rather than just a "tourer". A very noticeable difference from the older Wings is the 1/3 reduction in storage capacity. If I were in the market for an F6B, I would look for a pre-2018 one still on a dealer's showroom floor rather than spending the higher amount on a new basic Goldwing. FWIW, when I took the demo ride, I did not think that the newly designed front suspension made as big a difference as Honda claims it does, but maybe that's just me.

I was thinking it’s the same as well thanks for pointing out it’s more of a sports seating. When I saw the new line at the NYC motorcycle show I could get near the bike

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,843 Posts
The F6B has very little in common with the Current Honda Goldwing as the F6B Drivetrain and most everything else is OLD GW tech.

The new Goldwing is entirely different sharing nothing with the older one at all.

Here's a few Pic's:

One is my 2012 Blue Goldwing, Me with the new Full touring GW and me sitting on the one I like, the Std GW without the topcase.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The F6B has very little in common with the Current Honda Goldwing as the F6B Drivetrain and most everything else is OLD GW tech.

The new Goldwing is entirely different sharing nothing with the older one at all.

Here's a few Pic's:

One is my 2012 Blue Goldwing, Me with the new Full touring GW and me sitting on the one I like, the Std GW without the topcase.

The new one looks more sporty to me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.