Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
Everyone I used to ride but no longer do because of a back injury. I actually joined up to try to sell a Leather Racing jacket from the 70’s. I mean this is thick heavy leather with of all things a cigarette sponsorship “LUCKY STRIKE”.
I tried to put it up on the marketplace but I guess I am too new. It’s an xl but for a thin xl borderline L. This jacket was used in many races and has good patina but no rips or tears.
If you think you might have an interest please pm me. I’d be happy to send you images.
I didn’t come here to lie and play games. I’m just being honest with you.
Thanks
Brian L

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have lots of pictures. This jacket is over 50 years old. It’s very heavy and made for racing. If you want to pm me your email I can send you a complete set of pictures.
When is the last time you have seen a cigarette company sponsor anything?

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Oh, I just wanted to see the front. It's too small for me. What did tobacco companies sponsor, TV shows, Winston Cup Racing, American Cancer Society...

There was a picture of the back of the jacket up, don't know why it disappeared.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Cool jacket! How much you asking?

My dad smoked Luckys, back in the 60s. I was glad when he switched to pipe tobacco.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
My dad smoked those (filterless none the less) Luckys from the early 50's until he died in '07, and never even got lung cancer. Not advocating that it is OK to smoke.

They printed the letters L.S.M.F.T. on the packs and never said what the letters meant.
2 schools of thought were:

L.ucky
S.trikes
M.eans
F.ine
T.obacco

or

L.oose
S.traps
M.eans
F.loppy
T.*****
:surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.