Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I think signs should be posted advising the deer to only cross the road at designated crossings.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Why don't we just tag every deer with GPS trackers and then use our iphones to let us know when one is coming on the road? Funny Post :D.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We need more mountain lions. :)
They're slowly making a comeback here in Colorado. Only problem is they sometimes go after solo hikers, particularly women.

And they'll attack an entire flock of sheep just for sport.

I saw one that was absolutely humongous, grey fir rather than golden. I'd estimate 150 pounds. Well fed --- it had folds of skin. It was only the way it moved exactly like a cat crossing the road that convinced me that it wasn't some larger animal, like a bear. Zoo escapee???

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think signs should be posted advising the deer to only cross the road at designated crossings.
Or at least require orange vests on the DEER, instead of the hunters, to make them A) easier for the hunters to spot and shoot, and B) easier for drivers to see.

I've suggested this to D.o.W. repeatedly but they just ignore me ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
solo hikers, particularly women.
Most people that encounter a mountain lion or bear, run from them and that is the absolute wrong thing to do. You can not out run them, so it is best to face them and make as much noise as you can. Most lions and bear will see you as another predator if you face off with them and will not attack.

I worked in Yosemite Park for some time and had many bear and few lion encounters and never had to shoot one to protect myself.

One reason some women get attacked if if they are on their period the predator will smell the blood.

The other thing is if you are going to wonder around the wilderness where there are bears and lions, carry a gun powerful enough to stop a good size bear and don't shoot unless you absolutely need to.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wish the government would move some of those deer crossings to a safer area for them to cross. When I see a "Deer Crossing" sign, its usually in an area where the deer occasionally get hit by cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts