Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to ride bikes, and hubby and I are getting back on two wheels after a long hiatus.
My favorite snowmobile dealer now sells Kawasaki!! I have a GF who rides a Vulcan and she loves it! Went down to Land N Sea Powersports in Waterbury CT to check out the new bikes. They sell Spyder too. (Now deciding is even harder).

Really nervous about getting back on the seat, and I hate being a passenger. So, planning on checking out they're offerings, and I feel really good because the guys at L&S have always been really good to me. I also found out that right now there is a $99.00 per month deal for the Vulcan.

Any feedback on hoe to get back on after not riding for 20 years (on a bike, anyway) please post.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Take a basic riding course will be the best thing you ever have done. Then practice practice practice in an empty parking lot before you ever venture to the open road. It is much more dangerous now than when you stopped riding with distractions from cell phones, shaving and applying make-up. When you do hit the road, ride like everyone is trying to kill you or can't see you. And........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ride Ride ride

Yes, I have been a little worried it's been such a long time off two wheels. But, I have been riding ATV's and snowmobiles during my "bike" hiatus (so has my husband) and I recently lent out my truck to a friend and used his old Honda 350 for a couple of days.

What a rush. I seemed to have shrunk (or maybe I was always short LOL) and my main concern is being able to be flat footed on a bike.

I really like the Spyder...reverse! OMG! that in itself is awesome!

Thanks for the reply.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Spyder is a 3 wheeled car.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Oh you dirty dog Critter. It's still knees in the breeze and same idiots you got to watch out for. They don't have a "force field" option yet.:p

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I agree with Hog, take the BRC. I started riding again at 55 after not riding since I was 18. The class was wonderful and really helps you learn how to watch for dangers and escape routes.

Good Luck to you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts