Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am sorry that I didn't introduce myself in my first post. So here it goes my name is Eliza and I am from Latvia, I am 26 years old, I have been riding a motorcycle starting this summer, so I am pretty new to all the motorcycle scene. Therefore, I am looking to follow some relevant content on Social Media. My dream is to go to ride in the USA, so I maybe someone I could follow in the meantime to get the vibe?

Who are the people you enjoy to follow regarding motorcycle lifestyle, I have been struggling to find some relevant content for me. Who are your favs?

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,319 Posts
Hi there, I am sorry that I didn't introduce myself in my first post. So here it goes my name is Eliza and I am from Latvia, I am 26 years old, I have been riding a motorcycle starting this summer, so I am pretty new to all the motorcycle scene. Therefore, I am looking to follow some relevant content on Social Media. My dream is to go to ride in the USA, so I maybe someone I could follow in the meantime to get the vibe?

Who are the people you enjoy to follow regarding motorcycle lifestyle, I have been struggling to find some relevant content for me. Who are your favs?

Thanks, guys!
Hi and Welcome from Las Vegas, NV.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
22,915 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us😁

Reactions: elizaZ

·
8,261 Posts
Welcome from the Heartland!
Sam:)

·
Registered
4,286 Posts

Thanks, guys!
Welcome from Granite Falls, WA USA

As for your question, l don't follow anyone. l just get on my bad motor scooter and ride on, ride on, ride on, ride on ride

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2016 Honda Rebel 250
65 Posts
My dream is to go to ride in the USA, so I maybe someone I could follow in the meantime to get the vibe? Who are the people you enjoy to follow regarding motorcycle lifestyle, I have been struggling to find some relevant content for me. Who are your favs?
Hi.

As far as I can tell, there is no specific motorcycle lifestyle in the USA. Riders are as diverse as any random group of people and mostly divided according to what type of riding they prefer: touring, road racing, off-road racing, cruising, commuting and running errands, or whatever.

If you're thinking about traveling around by motorcycle in the US this would be a good place to start your research: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=motorcycle+touring+usa

And I'll throw in that if you live in Europe, you should do a bunch of motorcycle touring there first before coming here. Problems and beginner mistakes are a lot easier to deal with if they happen closer to home.

Also be aware of how BIG this country is. From New York to Los Angeles is 2800 miles. From Riga Latvia to Barcelona Spain is only 1448 miles. I once met a couple of European tourists who had no idea how far apart the major American tourist destinations are until they actually landed here and rented a car. o_O

Consider whether you want to go fast and boring (freeways) or slow and scenic (2-lane and 4-lane blacktop highways). On this map USA road map the blue lines are freeways and the red lines are major highways. You'll see a lot more of the real America on the highways, but you'll also encounter more rough pavement, low speed limits, and cross traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts