Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -
I'm a 22-year-old with her first bike, in the process of tackling the inherent problems that spring up when you buy a '75 as your first bike ever in late '08.
I've been interested in bikes for years; Mom extracted the promise from me that I wouldn't get any tattoos, piercings, or motorcycles until I graduated from college and had my own health insurance.... thanks to CIGNA, she can't complain anymore :cool:
I'm a nuclear systems operator "in training" up in New Hampshire. Got my degree in Marine Engineering, so I know a whole lot about gigantic marine diesels and their associated systems, but very little about working on motorcycles.:eek:
My bike is a '75 Honda CB360T, acquired from EBay this past October. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at the deal I got ($550) for a bike that ran without any mechanical problems that kept it from running. Now I'm wishing I'd bought something newer that was 100% reliable, but, hey, live and learn :p

-M-

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's always great to see a classic on the road. The old CB is a fun bike to ride. Take good care of it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
BTW, sorry to steal your intro title, PavmentRider
Hey, no worries! It's good to see someone else who is contending with the same issues that I am. It's a funny thing about riding cheap old bikes...you seem to run into a lot of Moments of Truth (e.g. okay, pleeease start now) and Rides of Destiny (e.g. okay, pleeease keep going now). But hey, I guess that's what comes with getting into an expensive activity at an age when funds aren't exactly plentiful.

Who needs food anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts