Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Multistrada

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year, I'm going to add a new bike to my garage. I'll either go with a Ducati Streetfighter V4 - based on the delicious Panigale V4 - or the Pikes Peak edition Multistrada. I'm a huge MotoGP fan, a Dovi fan, and a Ducati Corse fanboy, so the thought of having a slight of that V4 heritage is very appealing to me. When word came out that it was likely that the Streetfighter was going to be unveiled at Pike Peak, I checked daily for word, and sure enough, there it was! A bit inauspicious of an introduction with Carlin Dunne being killed (that was such an awful situation) but I really want this bike despite its lack of practicality. The other bike is a great combination of long-range comfort, features galore, and track-ready performance, but I can't help but think of the Multistrada as an old man's bike. I'm getting close to old man status myself (mid-thirties) and I sort of want a last go with a totally impractical bike before transiting over to something with more creature comforts. What do you folks think of the new Streetfighter? Too crazy, even in this softer skin?

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,531 Posts
That first picture is bad ass, I would ride it once regardless of how uncomfortable it was. The second picture is the tame version? Not really my style but a sharp bike.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That first picture is bad ass, I would ride it once regardless of how uncomfortable it was. The second picture is the tame version? Not really my style but a sharp bike.
The first bike is in its race livery so hard to say what it'll look like in the production model, but I agree, it's pretty sexy! The second picture is the Multistrada, which is more of a sport-touring/light adventure bike, and configured primarily for performance. The "S" version is pretty appealing, too. I think the Streetfighter is most likely in my future.

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
My opinion only but in the first one, the graphics looks too busy. But I like the style of it better than the second one. The wheels and the saddle and rear end specifically. But I like the abbreviated front fairing of the second bike and where the mirror is. So basically a mix of the two. I couldn't ride either one given my screwed up body though. Based on that I think I'll go with the first one on your poll assuming the Streetfighter is the first picture. I don't know Ducati's well enough to recognize one over the other so I hope you don't have them swapped cause I'm going to poke the first one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I’ve never thought paint made the bike (which is probably why mine usually look so dreadful), but that first one has “Don’t screw with me…” written all over it… My corpulency would look pretty silly on it, but that would be my choice anyway.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
670 Posts
A guy I watch on YouTube (Hydraulic Press Channel) recently got a KTM. A model that I don't think you can get in the US but they have similar here. It's a wicked bike. Not my style but still cool. There's a KTM dealer about two hours from me and I walked thru it and they had some very impressive bikes.

Ya'll should check out that channel,, They just smash stuff with a 300 tom press. Last weeks videos they use a 75 camera array to film what they were smashing and blowing up Several hundred thousand frames a second. Unbelievable images.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My opinion only but in the first one, the graphics looks too busy. But I like the style of it better than the second one. The wheels and the saddle and rear end specifically. But I like the abbreviated front fairing of the second bike and where the mirror is. So basically a mix of the two. I couldn't ride either one given my screwed up body though. Based on that I think I'll go with the first one on your poll assuming the Streetfighter is the first picture. I don't know Ducati's well enough to recognize one over the other so I hope you don't have them swapped cause I'm going to poke the first one.
Ah, I should have identified which is which, but you have it right: the Streetfighter is on the top. I think the design is too busy, but that is the race livery for Pikes Peak, so the production models will probably be a lot more drab.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve never thought paint made the bike (which is probably why mine usually look so dreadful), but that first one has “Don’t screw with me…” written all over it… My corpulency would look pretty silly on it, but that would be my choice anyway.
The first bike it's a bit over the top because it's a racing bike (the actual production release set for next month), so I would guess that the paint would be simple red or white, and you'd also have a big, ugly can for an exhaust. Oh, probably also a long fender on the rear as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A guy I watch on YouTube (Hydraulic Press Channel) recently got a KTM. A model that I don't think you can get in the US but they have similar here. It's a wicked bike. Not my style but still cool. There's a KTM dealer about two hours from me and I walked thru it and they had some very impressive bikes.

Ya'll should check out that channel,, They just smash stuff with a 300 tom press. Last weeks videos they use a 75 camera array to film what they were smashing and blowing up Several hundred thousand frames a second. Unbelievable images.
The 1290 twin that KTM use is an impressive beast! I think that the whole "win on Sunday / sell on Monday" thing works for me. I'm a big fan of Ducati efforts in MotoGP and WBSK, so the Streetfighter using the V4 really speaks to me. KTM is making some strides in MotoGP as well. They've actually abandoned Moto2 for next year to focus only on MotoGP, so they're going all-in. Pretty cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts