Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Katana 600 and it has some minor body work that needs to be done to it. Need some advice on how i can repair them myself. Any suggestions are welcome!

-There are two baseball bat dents in the gas tank
-The bike has fell over a few times that has caused the fairings to be cracked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why was it a regret? I have a buddy that has a 99 model and he hasnt had any problems with his.. The bike i bought seems to have a pretty good engine haven't had any problems yet.. what kind of issues did you have with yours?

·
Registered
31 Posts
All electrical. The engine was strong in that bike, I'll admit, but one day my lights wouldn't work. The next day the bike wouldn't turn over because there was no juice at all, and aftermarket parts were pricey.

Oddly enough, when I go to look for another bike everyone is selling a Katana, there are parts for it everywhere (saw a stage 1 & 3 Jet kit for $98 on Ebay) and confetti is falling from the sky over Suzuki dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
2,070 Posts
Sorry, but "2 BASEBALL BAT DENTS IN TANK" demands a story.

(Crash puts blankie down, grabs teddy BEAR and glass of milk)

Tell me the story!

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
I've never heard of any significant electrical problems with the Katanas. They are built like a tank and about as reliable as you can get. The only issue they have is 2nd gear gets trashed when people abuse them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the people i know that have had a katana haven't had much trouble out of electrical problems.. you could have just came across a bad bike.. I think it all depends on the owner. Not saying it was you but maybe the previous owner tamppered with the electric wiring. idk..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The story about the tank is that the previous own was riding around town with another girl and his wife seen them. She went home to wait for him and when he walked through the front door she walked out the back and took her anger out on the bike.. Hit it twice in the tank and than kicked it down.. Luckily for me the man came out and stopped her.. LOL..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im in a similar position, i may be getting a sport bike today on trade, the thing looks like 1 90 and is missing the said fairing brakets and the side panels. i have no idea where to get replacemants.

its a Kawasaki ninja, dont know the model or year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The story about the tank is that the previous own was riding around town with another girl and his wife seen them. She went home to wait for him and when he walked through the front door she walked out the back and took her anger out on the bike.. Hit it twice in the tank and than kicked it down.. Luckily for me the man came out and stopped her.. LOL..
That's it. I've had it. Whats up with women and destroying their man's stuff??? Why? I don't get it, it doesn't prove any point. It doesn't resolve any issue, and it just shows how immature they are.

From now on, If I get pi$$ed at a woman, I'll take a dump in her purses, pee in their shoes, and use all her make up on my butt, take pictures of it and rub them in her face.... and I'm sure along the process of doing all these things I'll think of something else... **** women.

By the way, unless you have tools and experience I don't think you can do anything on your own for that tank.

·
Nigerian Billionaire
689 Posts
Im in a similar position, i may be getting a sport bike today on trade, the thing looks like 1 90 and is missing the said fairing brakets and the side panels. i have no idea where to get replacemants.

its a Kawasaki ninja, dont know the model or year.
Ask the seller to find the VIN number if they're not sure of the model or year. Then punch it in at this site: http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/kawasaki.asp

That'll give you all the info on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts