Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Mississippi, where is a good dealer to get a new GS 1250 Adventure from, good price and within reasonable driving distance?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Google it my Friend, it's very easy:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
If ya search for it yourself, say on GOOGLE, then hundreds of links will come up for dealers, forums and sales like 'Cycletrader.':wink2:

Isn't that better than me telling you where to go?:kiss:

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
If ya search for it yourself, say on GOOGLE, then hundreds of links will come up for dealers, forums and sales like 'Cycletrader.':wink2:

Isn't that better than me telling you where to go?:kiss:

Imagine that, he never thought of asking Google. He must be used to people doing everything for him.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
Well since you don’t understand the term personal recommendation...?
Oh I get it, but why would you give a damn what someone else tells you to buy. A personal recommendation is what you ask for from a friend when seeking employment, you are looking for an opinion.

·
American Legion Rider
25,911 Posts
"Ward, You Were Awfully Hard on the Beaver!" I sorta thought opinions or recommendations was one of the things everyone likes to give on this site.

You could do something like this as you say, just google it, but then which one. And I believe that's the question. But then, what about all the independents? I also thought we were friendlier than this. Wrong?

Where are our Mississippi riders? Don't we have any? I thought we did but then, "I know nussink. Nuss-ss-ss-SINK!"

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,504 Posts
There is a cool Big Truck dealership in Gulfport.

·
Registered
775 Posts
No information on Mississippi BMW dealers, but it's a slow afternoon, so. ....

Why is it Beemer and not Beamer? I would have thought BMer would be even more appropriate, but when I've had a BM in the past nobody much wanted anything to do with it.

What about: The Beemster, The Beeminheimer, the Beeminator, Beemeister MeisterWerger, El Beeme! ....

It seems kinda counter-productive to type any of these appellations when you can get away with a fraction of the letters at BMW and be even more accurately describing what you are talking about.

They don't call me Mister Pedantic for nothing.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
It's a Bimmer if it's a car.
It's a Beemer if it's a bike.
:devil::devil::devil:

Reactions: BWB75

·
Registered
501 Posts
Der Beemerschnitzel is my personal favorite, and the new appellation for my wife's motorcycle. Also, the Schnitzel in Bavaria really is all that. Seriously. It's not the same anywhere else.

The larger cities are likely to have dealers. The issue may be price. Not sure how much der Beemerschnitzel dealers will come down on the price of a new 1250. Then there is the question of ongoing support. Sometimes der Beemerschnitzels share a facility, and shop, with a wide-range metric dealer. They may not be experts in maintaining your bike. It is good to trust your service facility. Maybe in the long run that could be more important than getting the best possible price. It's no fun to have a bike that has to be driven many hours for service and repair. And, smaller dealers may not have many parts. So what should take a couple of hours takes a couple of weeks.

Der Beemerschnitzel Fabrique is not always fast about shipping parts from Germany.

·
American Legion Rider
25,911 Posts
You are correct BWB75 but also der Beemerschnitzels are on a very short list that will or might have parts 50 years from now. That's worth something too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts