Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New challenge, new rules to allow MORE riders to participate!

And cheating is not only tolerated, it's downright encouraged!

Anyone can submit a new subject at any time. A list will be compiled as it goes along. Anyone can submit an image at any time; contest doesn't end when the first image is received....

The goal is to submit a photo of your bike alongside..in front of... the mostest:

The BIGGEST grain silo
The CHEAPEST gas price on a pump at an abandoned station
The house CLOSEST to but not quite fallen down
The LARGEST army artillery piece in a public park (sorry, no Naval guns...)
The house buried deepest in Kudzu
The most famous celebrity next to your bike
The prettiest bridge

Just in case it's not OBVIOUS what the winning entry, to-date, is, I'll be judging entries received SO FAR, although a new entry can be submitted at any time. And yes, bribes ARE accepted, and public outrage WILL be ignored.

I'll start this off with the CHEAPEST GAS available for sale ...no closed stations, abandoned pumps, .... you shrewd ones should ALREADY be able to see how to win this one...easily!

Cheaters should take note: You can propose a NEW category knowing damn well you ALREADY have the winning image already in your camera!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since anyone can submit a new subject at ANY TIME, I'll also launch the second category: Your bike in front of the largest spacecraft (actual or static display...)

Ding ding ding! I win again!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the bike?
Rats. I'm gonna have to disqualify that image.... you have NO IDEA the length I went to to obtain it.....you really think ANY station in America is actually selling gas for $3.23.......hint: The diesel price is all wrong....

Exposing a cheater ...hmm, we'll have to come up with some sort of reward for that...

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're at $2.99 and 9/10 for unleaded regular
I actually saw $2.62 somewhere in Arkansas on my last XC trip.

The folks in western Oklahoma (Guymon, etc) are getting ripped off to the tune of $3.09 a gallon and up!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, latest challenge. Your bike in front of the oldest and most CLASSIC looking old-timey gas station you can park your bike at.

The one where you expect guys in jumpsuits and caps to run out, pump your gas and wash your windscreen.

·
Registered
518 Posts
$2.59 a gallon here today. Hmmm. Wonder if that will drive down mc prices.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,146 Posts
What do you have against the Navy?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
What constitutes a celebrity? Do professional athletes count? I see Russell Wilson every Tuesday, l wonder how hard it would be to lure him out to my bike...

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got nuthin' against the Navy! So bring me a picture of your bike with a SUBMARINE in the background! Ha!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yet another challenge. Your bike next to a VERY OLD bike. If it isn't pre-1960's, don't even bother!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

This is a super old gas station in north Lynnwood, WA...l used to live not far from here. A widening of Highway 99 back in the day eliminated street parking and essentially put this little place out of business :-(

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Okay, now, here is my new challenge for everyone...a lot of the challenges are for the something-est thing out there...biggest, smallest, oldest blah blah blah. This photo is my bike in front of an old sportsman's shop called Ted's. The significance of this place is, it sits at the highEST point on Highway 99. So submit your photo at a something-EST place on any major highway :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts