Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought a 2005 Honda Rebel CMX250. It fits me like a glove. However it has sat for 10 years. I am rebuilding it as I go and find issues with it. The gas had been drained out of tank and lines not carburetor. Rebuilt that and it's running fine. The push throttle cable was broke so I ordered new cables when they arrived they are longer then the ones that were on it. I changed both. What is the adjustment that needs to be made to make the throttle work right. When I try to adjust there is to much play in the push cable.

I wish I had taken more pic. There had been something living in the air filter housing. It used the air filter for nesting. Ever inch has had come kind of bug **** or webbing and the dirt and dust made it's way into the fins, under the seat, and around the electronics. They all got a cleaning, lube or current test before going back together. The rust on the chrome has come off with a very light weight steel wool. Looking good if I do say so my self.

This is my 1st bike that I have ever worked on. I have a little more to do along with my permit and safety class. At 62 this woman is excited to embark on a new adventure.

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
The throttle should turn only a small amount, before pulling the cable. One sixteenth of an inch would be a small amount, 1/32 a tiny amount, 3/16 or more is a large amount.

UK

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had quite a bit of trouble finding the perfect length aftermarket cable, but my bike is a 39 year old Honda CB650; some parts just seem harder to find. I have a powersports shop near me (they sell parts for bikes, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, etc.) but was unable to find a throttle cable for my old bike. You might have one in your area that could have the OEM parts for a 2005. Good luck!

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow
gets around that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:
Nice intro. About the only thing missing is what general area you currently
reside. Nothing specific though. Sounds like you got a very successful project
going on there. Keep at it and you'll be further ahead than most here. I
include myself on that note when it comes to motorcycles. So I give you two
thumbs up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I posted again with a little more information. I have a few more post to go before pic. I have a few. I just get so involved with what I'm learning through doing I don't take time for pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.