Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Save them all!
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/url]IMG_20180517_193533583 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr[/IMG]

Dream.. get it?

It's a very original 66 Honda Dream. I'll be the third owner - it's in really good shape aside from the cut front fender and one exhaust pipe. It's very complete, has 2500 miles, and even runs! The tank is clean and with some new tires and a tune up - maybe some new cables - she'll clean up really well. I think I'm just going to clean this one up as everything is in pretty darn good original shape.

I'll be the third owner.

Oh ya, came with a current title.

· Save them all!
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's custom. Actually I used the seat mount holes as tie down points - this bike doesn't have a normal frame to tie to.

This one lived in Indiana, where I am for one more day. I have an industry friend here who is a bit of a bike collector who wanted to pass this on to someone who would work on it. So, she's tied down and ready for the 15 hour trip home Saturday.

· On The Road Again!
4,965 Posts
Nice! My second bike was just like that....only much prettier! LOL!!!!
Later on, my brother got one that had the front fender cut off almost exactly as your does! Don't know why people did that.

· Save them all!
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think someone took this bike through the woods or something at some point - some of the remaining front fender is a bit wrinkled. Maybe they thought it was easier to just cut the worst of it off. eBay to the rescue when I find a suitable one.

The opposite side header (right side, not visible in the photo) is pretty mashed like it hit some big rocks or something.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,684 Posts
Sweet, you must have one hell of a shed to find room for another.

· Registered
3,160 Posts
I am still waiting for a family at church to decide if they want their 305to remain as a dust collector in the barn....

Wrench day anyway with the CB750 and 1200Aspencade.

Congrats on the bike!

· Biker
1,891 Posts
QUITE KOOOOOL, My cousin 'Roach' (another story) had a Honda 305 SuperHawk, this looks quite similar, real good bike for that time and it ran pretty good too yup . The MSF instructor I had was is a woman and her husband's hobby is restoring vintage bikes, I spoke to him one day as he was working with his wife, says, "you get to really start understanding bikes when you start restoring them."

· Save them all!
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't actually started the restoration yet on this. I have a home improvement project I need to finish first. We'll get there. I actually can't wait I'm really excited to do this one.

· Biker
1,891 Posts
I haven't actually started the restoration yet on this. I have a home improvement project I need to finish first. We'll get there. I actually can't wait I'm really excited to do this one.
That's what life is all about, a good family, fine friends, worth-while hobbies.

· Save them all!
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My seat is good enough to do some light repairs and run it. I'll probably take your route on the exhaust though.. mine is shot after looking more closely at it. The mufflers are garbage.

· Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if I’m in the right area of this forum but my question is what does it mean if someone tells me the frame number & the engine number on a Honda Dream don’t match? I’m selling a Dream and a potential buyer gave me this feedback.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.