Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
I was thinkin I would fire up the spare XS1100, without cleaning it up. 95 hp inline 4. They run real smooth. This one has an oil cooler, and 4 into 1 pipes. Needs new tars, but I think the brakes work. Cost me $200.00, so hope they work.
These new models and gadgets, and unneeded junk, are driving me away, not into the showroom.
Not to mention the costs of it all, and then the depreciation. Probly $100 a month or more, then the finance costs for the younger guys, add on the insurance cost and the repair bills from the crashes.

If a person did not drop all that coin, and invested it instead, there might be an extra $100,000.00 in the kitty at age 65, just in time to buy a nice rocking chair.

UK

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I guess the only limit to engine size is directly related to your bank account size. So far, here in the U.S. anyway, I haven't found a speed limit I can't break with my old TC. Might take me a bit longer to do it than it would with a 131 c.i. engine, but the less I deal with my insurance guy, the happier we both are.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
I will stick with my 1340cc Evo and and 1300 RS thank you. Both have enough power to get where I want to go in a timely fashion an get decent mileage.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
For some reason I was suspecting my fuel mileage wasn't all that good. So the last time I filled up, I checked it. I got 43.1 MPG which is better than I suspected, and from what I saw on a HD forum, it's in the ballpark for "normal" on this engine not running any interstate.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,328 Posts
When I used to build HD, EVO Big twin engines in Southern California, in the early 1990's, my dyno- contest winning efforts were expensive even then. I remember race prepped, D port, big valve STD heads were about $3,000 per head. I would guesstimate that my engines had around 10 grand in them but then, it costs serious bucks to be the king of the Non-Factory hill and make your friends bikes look like Honda Trail 90's.

Sam:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts