Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 honda cb919. I really like to wheelie and can pretty well but only in 1st and 2nd gear. I can only get the front up a tiny bit in third. The power is there and I feel like there is something to solve this problem. Someone suggested a slightly larger sprocket on the rear. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
A larger rear sprocket should do it. But then you will just want to do 4th gear wheelies. ?

How high can you get the rear wheel up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But how much bigger should I go? I still would like to keep a decent top speed and from what I see it makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Top speed requires horsepower. Wheelies in third requires horsepower. If the HP is limited chose one.
Change the gear ratio as suggested, try it, and then you will know.

UK

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
It is easier to drop 1 tooth from the countershaft sprocket and that will probably do the trick! See ya in ICU :)
Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Just a personal thing with me but why do people insist on doing stunts like that where innocent people could get injured. Why not prove how good you are on a nearby track. It has been years since I used a track myself but has the cost gone so high that this is the result? It was a little expensive when I wanted to use one so I’m sure it hasn’t gone down.

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Ego driven show-offs.

Narcissist:
a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
Psychoanalysis. a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.
Sam:)

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
Ghost Rider is from Sweden and does his riding in the Netherlands and across other countries in Europe.

He is thought to be Patrik Furstenhoff, a Swedish ex-racer. He is listed in the Guinness World Records as holding the record for the first documented 200 mph wheelie on a 500 hp Turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa. Also holds records in timed runs in France and the Netherlands.

As to why he does it, who can say. I think he likes to play with the authorities and he's an adrenalin junkie. Most of the roads he rides seem to be better dedicated to his kind of speed, and the cage drivers on the road seem to stay mostly in the correct lane, Not all over the place as most do in this country.

I don't agree Sam. If he was riding above his agility and was being totally out of control aggressive, maybe so, but he doesn't appear to ride that way. If it is true that he is an ex-racer then I get it and it makes sense. There is a high that is achieved when in the middle of a race and you're putting it all on the line. Perhaps the high he got from that cannot equal the high he found by being Ghost Rider. It is what it is and I'm not going to try and analysis his thought process. Although I am sure there will be others that will claim to know his motivation exactly. Grin....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
But how much bigger should I go? I still would like to keep a decent top speed and from what I see it makes a big difference.
What is a decent top speed? According to - https://www.gearingcommander.com/ - you could drop one tooth in the front or go up 3 in back and still max at close to 140 mph...

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
According to Motorcycle News top speed is just a tic over 140 with stock gears.
Just be sure you're willing to give up some ridability in favor of lowering the gear ratio because it will affect the way you ride and cruise around. If you're making a radical gearing change from stock, there will be a good chance your existing chain length will be too short or too long. You'll need to figure out the correct length for your chain.

If you're making a big change this will also have an effect on wheelbase and therefore geometry. Let's be careful out there....

·
Ace Tuner
3,489 Posts
Speaking of speed... The speedo runs off the transmission. The MPH shown will be off when you alter gearing.
But if you want to do 3rd, or even 4th gear wheelstands with stock gearing, you gotta change into 3rd (or 4th) gear while the front wheel is already reaching for the sky...
Not that I recommend it though. It's hard on the bike and can be a little hard on the rider too.

As for the guy in the video:
Irresponsible to be BLASTING around riding like that near traffic. Makes guys like me look bad.

S F

·
On The Road Again!
4,189 Posts
Those guys are idiots doing that on public roads.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
They could be the worlds greatest riders and still end up dead. Too many scenarios, that happen on the highways every day, throw in a vehicle traveling 2 or 3 times the speed limit and its all over, permanently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the input. I do my "crazy" stuff on a closed down track and wide open parking lots. I dont see the harm in risking my own ass. I mean... it is mine after all. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts