Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we found this in my grandfathers shed and my aunt use to ride this in the 70's back and forth to school.

Questions:

1) What is this? Brand / Make / Model?

2) Is there a website that I can get replacement parts for this?

**If anyone is in the Dallas (DFW) area and could restore this, I would love to hear from you!

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
It's a minibike with a lawn mower engine. It's gonna be hard finding out what make.

·
Visionary
4,634 Posts
I had many of those as a kid. Lots of fun to ride!

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
It might have been a Rupp mini-bike. Not sure if they started the craze but they had a significant market share. A lot of knock offs followed. Still some Rupp parts available on eBay. Google Rupp mini-bikes to get started.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
That style of mini bike was pretty popular when I was a kid too. You can probably figure out the engine by looking for the serial number, but the actual brand of the bike itself is going to be hard to find, as ODE said.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
You are so right about it being hard to truly ID it. Even Western Auto had their brand as well as Sears of course. Seems almost everyone had one at one time and they all look very much alike. I brought Western Auto UP because of the colors of the bike but that was probably changed too.

Edit: Left out the word UP. Another of my leave an important word out posts.:D

·
8,606 Posts
If only you could afford a Harley my friend:wink:

Sam:biggrin:

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
Looks like a generic mini-bike to me.
Many companies made 'em.
The Rupps were higher end, more sophisticated.
That doesn't look like one of 'em.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had a Sears 3 1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton minibike that lookked just like yours except mine was green with white stripes. that was somewhere back around 1969-1970, even the air filter looks identical, good luck finding parts other than for the engine, those parts can be tracked down by model and serial numbers found stamped on the engine block or flywheel cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Google mini bike and you will see 10 different versions of that frame. They build a ton of them under different names. I had one in the early 70s, I put an old snow blower motor in it and ran the crap out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts