Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and to Honda I have a 01 Honda Shadow 750 ran fine yesterday today started it up with the choke pulled let it run for a few push the choke in drop it in the first and it died now several hours and tries later bike won't start

·
Registered
58 Posts
Many Hondas with carbs are cold-natured.
They require several minutes of operation with the choke on before they idle without the choke.
Was there a major temperature change between now and the day when it did operate?

Or, because it died when you shifted into gear, there may be a problem with the sensing switches for the transmission neutral or the side stand deployed. The engine will quit running if the side stand is deployed and the transmission is shifted into gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many Hondas with carbs are cold-natured.
They require several minutes of operation with the choke on before they idle without the choke.
Was there a major temperature change between now and the day when it did operate?

Or, because it died when you shifted into gear, there may be a problem with the sensing switches for the transmission neutral or the side stand deployed. The engine will quit running if the side stand is deployed and the transmission is shifted into gear.
Thanks for the tips, could the carb be stuck also? when I try to crank her I smell gas.

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,715 Posts
if your smelling gas, it verry well could be flooded. pull one of the plugs and see if its soaked in fuel.
I also agree with the post #2 info provided.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your smelling gas, it verry well could be flooded. pull one of the plugs and see if its soaked in fuel.
I also agree with the post #2 info provided.
I appreciate the response, I'm going to check the plugs,carb and the other mentioned possibilities. I'll post the solution when I track it down. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts