Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a bike 2 months ago it's a 2005 suzuki savage 650 and It came with a bill of sale but what the seller didn't tell me was that it had not been registered in years and was originally purchased in Florida so now to get a tag for it i need to get a bonded title which isn't really a problem but i need florida to send me over a letter saying its hasn't been stolen and what not. It doesn't matter if I get that letter or if they tell me they wont I just need them to send me something saying either one so I can get a tag for it. The problem is i want to know if there is any way i can get them to speed up the process since they are slow as hell and haven't heard anything back from them, Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure how it is in Florida, but here in michigan I had to get a form which basically said that the vin on the title matched the bike, then I got an officer to sign that. I then had to take it to the dmv to make sure it wasnt stolen. I'd imagine that Florida has something simmilar to the system in Mi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that with the cop but I live in Georgia and bought it from a guy who purchased it in florida and it hasn't been registered or tagged in years

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have done that with the cop but I live in Georgia and bought it from a guy who purchased it in florida and it hasn't been registered or tagged in years
You will most likely have to go back to florida then. I think in most cases you have to have the title in your name in order to convert it to another state

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Some times paper work in Florida gets jammed up in the machines with hanging chads. ?

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
90 Posts
You said it came with a bill of sale - there should also have been the original title. It doesn't matter how long it has been unregistered if you have the title. You may have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a clear title. I hope it all works out for the best for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts