Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post! I'm brand new the forum and brand new to riding! I absolutely love it, but I am having a little issue and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a 2013 I noticed a hole and a crack in this little filter thingy down by my shifter and i want to replace it (it looks like a fuel filter from a go-kart/lawn mower engine) Then that got me thinking... there are two, what look like vacuum hoses; hanging down. One of which has that filter thingy that I am looking to replace. Could anyone tell me where the little hoses are supposed to connect to? Also, does anyone know what kind of filter it is? What it is for? And where I can get the replacement for the filter? (Pictures are below) oh.... one more thing. The guy who I bought the bike from said he dropped it, so idk if thats why everything is disconnected, or if thats why that filter thingy is broken.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Mike R.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 (EX650E)

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,646 Posts
What kind of bike? The filter 'thingie' could be an oil breather vent and the filter to stop oil or slow it down. The other could be a radiator or fuel over flow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650. (EX650E) what would the part be called if i were to order it? I cant find anything online. Thankyou for your fast response by the way!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kawasaki has all of the parts diagrams for their bikes on their website, which is great for looking this sort of thing up.

The tube with the little plastic filter is your gas tank's vent tube. The plastic part is described as a fuel tank breather, P/N 14069-1004, and runs about $5.50. It's not a super critical part as far as I can see, and the only reason you'd need to replace it is cosmetics.

It's hard to tell from the parts diagrams, but my guess is that the second tube is the drain tube for the airbox. It should have a small plug stuck in the end of the tube which allows you to drain water out of the air box when you pull it out. Or it could be something else, IDK.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
My guess is that is the fuel tank breather. The other end of the hose goes out to the atmosphere, so it isn't connected to anything.

Any place that carries Kawasaki parts should be able to get one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts