Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new transmission for my 1972 Honda CT70 because it would slip in and out of 1st gear. so i had a transmission expert (dad's buddy) take the motor apart and install the tranny. i got a complete set of gaskets and everything. however, he decided to live his life in an RV and gave me my motor in pieces in a box. The tranny is installed but the head and jug still needs to be put on, and the flywheel (or contrifugal clutch i dont know) needs to be put in. im only 16 and dont have enough know-how to do this myself. I bought a shop/repair manual but it was photocopied and all the pictures are dark and are of no-use. i need some helpfull steps on putting this (70cc, 4-stroke, 3-speed auto) motor back together. all and any help is appreciated.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
It would be well worth it to purchase a real version of the shop manual for re-assembly of the engine if you don't have anyone right there with you that is an expert on that motor. You may be able to get some pointers here, but for doing the entire process from A to Z without skipping any critical steps, it's going to be a lot safer to spend the $25 or so to pick up a manual. It could get a lot more expensive really quick if anything critical is missed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It would be well worth it to purchase a real version of the shop manual for re-assembly of the engine if you don't have anyone right there with you that is an expert on that motor. You may be able to get some pointers here, but for doing the entire process from A to Z without skipping any critical steps, it's going to be a lot safer to spend the $25 or so to pick up a manual. It could get a lot more expensive really quick if anything critical is missed.
Agreed!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Ya need a mentor. Maybe run a Craiglist ad: Needed: Instructor to teach/ help me reassemble motorcycle engine. Beer only, no pay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts