Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am starting a new build using a 2002 yamaha roadstar 102" as a powerplant, is there any one in utah that could give me some advice about rigid frames jigs, or anything else?

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Porch Monkey?

Or Porch Monkey 4 Life?

I know nothing about building frames, wish I could help you. Have you spoken to any local shops? Heck, you aren't that far from Cali, someone out there might be willing to help you along, or maybe just talk you through it. That's a hotbed of chopper sin out there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still no luck on a frame though, all the shops around here don't even want to try and build a frame they keep tellin me to buy a $1600 one off of the net, that would kind of throw the budget out the window but this is utah and it is full of pretentious pricks and mormons

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Sounds like you're up against it. Now that choppers are so popular, suppliers and shops can pick and choose who they deal with, because it's a huge money tree. Twenty years ago, chopper places were begging for business, now if you don't walk in the door with a big handful of hundreds, they don't even look at you twice. I blame Jesse James and those fools on American Chopper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts